- Jun 16 2021
- 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
RDSP Planning Session with Audrey Veltri (Part 1)
*Please note this is a 2 part session- families must register for both sessions*
Opening an RDSP is the first step on the road to long-term financial security for your loved one. It is arguably the most powerful financial tools available for Canadians with disabilities to secure long-term stability
These two free workshops explore the plan on a deeper level, offering families insights on everything from eligibility to opening a plan and receiving grants and bonds to using the account in your legacy planning.
Session One: An introduction to the RDSP
Eligibility, who can open an RDSP?
- How do you open an account?
- Who can manage the account- Who is who in an RDSP?
- How do grants and bonds work?
- What are some of the rules around when and how you can use the funds?
- What happens if my child no longer qualifies for the DTC?
- What are some other strategies I could or should be doing?
Session Two: So you have an RDSP, come learn about its true power.
Ensuring your RDSP is structured for your individual and specific family needs
- What will it look like when the beneficiary is taking money out?
- RDSP’s in cases of the medically fragile child (Specified RDSP’S)
- What happens if my child passes away, before I do?
- Successor holdership, what happens to the RDSP when I pass away?
- Roll over provisions, RESP and RRSP
- Other Estate or testamentary considerations and opportunities with respect to an RDSP
These sessions will be held over Zoom. Prior to each session, you will receive an email with the Zoom link to attend.
Audrey Veltri leads Wealth management practice that partners with Canadian Families to achieve financial well-being and deliver the confidence to enjoy today, secure tomorrow and own the future.
She specializes in providing guidance to families supporting dependents with a disability and family stewards to ensure access to all financial programs and to implement strategies to protect future government supports through periods of transition and at all life stages. Creating solutions that transcend generations, so families can secure a comfortable, safe and healthy future for the whole family.
Audrey has a passion for delivering financial confidence and fosters this through education and leadership. She was the recipient of The Calgary Learns Facilitator of the year Award in 2002 and has been recognized for her dedication to wealth planning, earning the Pillar Platinum award in 2017, 2018 and Pillar awards in 2019 and 2020. In recognition for her commencement to advocacy and inclusion she was awarded the Everyone Belongs award in 2019. She is also honored to be selected as a presenter for WXN, Canada’s leading organization that meaningfully propels and celebrates the advancement of women at all levels, in all sectors, and of all ages.
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/rdsp-planning-with-audrey-veltri-2-part-session-tickets-157546167829