- Dec 03 2020
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Triple P Positive Parenting Series- Changing Problem Behaviour into Positive Behaviour (Pacekids)
WHAT IS THE TRIPLE P – POSITIVE PARENTING SEMINAR SERIES?
Triple P’s positive parenting strategies help you manage problem behaviour and developmental issues common in children with a disability. It also helps encourage behaviour you like, cope with stress, develop a close relationship with your child and teach your child new skills. These seminars can assist parents with specific concerns about their child’s behaviour or development.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Parents or caregivers who have a child with a disability up to the age of 12 years old
- Those interested in general information about promoting their child’s development
Everyone is welcome to attend these FREE online events. Space is limited, so please register soon!
WHAT IS COVERED IN SESSIONS WITH PARENTS?
Topic 2: Changing Problem Behaviour into Positive Behaviour
This two (2) hour seminar is offered on the following dates & times:
- Tuesday, October 20th; 9:30am – 11:30am (MDT)
- Thursday, December 3rd; 6:30pm – 8:30pm (MDT)
- Thursday, February 4th; 9:30am – 11:30am (MDT)
Parents are often uncertain how to manage problem behaviour in ways that help children learn alternative and more adaptive behaviour to take its place. Parents are introduced to the six key steps of how to do this.
The steps covered include:
- Tracking the behaviour
- Understanding why the behaviour is occurring
- Changing events that occur before the problem
- Encouraging alternative behaviour
- Removing accidental rewards
- Putting the plan into action
For more information or to register, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/free-online-event-helping-your-child-reach-their-potential-tickets-120445789599