- Sep 29 2020
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Triple P Positive Parenting Series- Helping Your Child Reach Their Potential (Pacekids)
WHAT IS THE TRIPLE P – POSITIVE PARENTING SEMINAR SERIES?
Triple P’s positive parenting strategies help you manage problem behaviour and developmental issues common in children with a disability. It also helps encourage behaviour you like, cope with stress, develop a close relationship with your child and teach your child new skills. These seminars can assist parents with specific concerns about their child’s behaviour or development.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Parents or caregivers who have a child with a disability up to the age of 12 years old
- Those interested in general information about promoting their child’s development
Everyone is welcome to attend these FREE online events. Space is limited, so please register soon!
WHAT IS COVERED IN SESSIONS WITH PARENTS?
Topic 1: Helping Your Child Reach Their Potential
This two (2) hour seminar is offered on the following dates & times:
- Tuesday, September 29th; 9:30am – 11:30am (MDT)
- Thursday, November 19th; 6:30pm – 8:30pm (MDT)
- Thursday, January 21st; 9:30am – 11:30am (MDT)
In this seminar, practitioners build on the foundation seminar and show parents how they can use the positive parenting principles to promote their child’s development by teaching them new skills and behaviors.
The six key steps to teach a new skill are:
- Choosing a skill to teach
- Breaking the skill into steps
- Choosing rewards
- Deciding on when and where to teach
- Using effective teaching strategies
- Keeping track and review
For more information or to register, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/free-online-event-helping-your-child-reach-their-potential-tickets-120445789599